I saw this online today and it really made me think. Many of these things are applicable to me, and I’ve thought for a long time about past lives and the plausibility of them. Just wanted to throw down some thoughts on the matter while they’re fresh on my mind.
1. I have recurring dreams when I’m stressed. It’s always been the same two, my entire life. One stopped when I figured out the inspiration for it (weirdly, a scene in The Little Mermaid, lol). I still occasionally have the other.
2. I don’t think this one applies to me.
3. I have a very strong intuition. I trust my gut more than my logic at times, and it’s usually spot on. Not only is this true with people but with situations as well.
4. Constant deja vu. Quite literally happens several times a week. Usually it’s insignificant events but the feeling I get is as if I’ve lived this moment at least once before. I also get deja vu in regards to my deja vu… I know I’ve already experienced this moment and recalled experiencing it before too. It’s so weird.
5. Yes, I can usually know what a person is feeling but I also chock that up to interpersonal awareness.
6. Happens frequently, and perhaps it’s lumped in with intuition in my book. Usually minor things, but I can specifically recall mourning a relationship 24 hours fully before the breakup occurred, and prior to that had no idea it was coming. I laid in bed and cried and was inconsolable; the next day, when the breakup happened, I was calm and not as overwhelmed as I would have been had I not mourned the day prior. I’ll never be able to explain how I so clearly knew things were over…
7. Doesn’t apply to me.
8. I have always, always, always felt older than my years, ever since I was little. Everyone in my life has always said I’m an old soul, and I’ve always known I didn’t fit in with my age-peers. I still don’t, to this day. It’s why my best friends have always been my mom’s age, my boyfriend is 14 years older than me, etc.
9. Not applicable that I can determine.
10. Moths, butterflies, abandonment when I had a relatively stable childhood, falling and being unable to get back up. Needles breaking off or being left inside my body.
11. I have always felt out of place and vastly different from those around me. Ever since I was a very young child I’ve felt different and outside the norm, and have struggled to make myself fit in and be a part of the collective whole. Even though I’ve had many friends, close and casual and family-level-close, I always struggle to stay… involved? invested? I feel so apart from people so often, it’s hard to fully give myself to relationships with people at times. I think that’s a huge reason my boyfriend and I are as close as we are — we both feel this way, and being together is soothing in that regards. We both feel understood and that we can be real with one another. It’s really an incredible feeling when you’ve felt… off, I guess… for so much of your life.
Anyways, just wanted to word vomit a bit. I really want to begin writing more, as it helps keep my head clear and my emotions in check. Maybe I’ll make this a more common occurrence, not discussing weight loss (though on that regard I’m 244.3lbs). ✨💖✨